Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-02 Origin: Site
We all know that gasoline cannot be poured into diesel engines. So what happens if we pour gasoline into the diesel engine? What are the consequences? What issues do we need to pay attention to?
Will it work normally if I pour gasoline into the diesel engine?
The impact and consequences of pouring gasoline into diesel engines
Add gasoline to the diesel engine, it is impossible to start the diesel engine at all. Diesel engines do not have an ignition device. The ignition point of gasoline is much higher than that of diesel, and gasoline cannot burn, so diesel engines cannot start at all.
Adding gasoline to the diesel engine is to make the gasoline compression ignite inside, but the self-ignition point of gasoline is much higher than that of diesel. Therefore, if gasoline enters the cylinder of a diesel engine, the gasoline may not be able to compression-ignite and ignite. There are several possibilities. One is that if the gasoline is compression-ignited, the diesel engine must have no power and emit black smoke. Because gasoline has a high spontaneous ignition point, it will cause insufficient combustion. The second is that gasoline cannot be compression-ignited in a diesel engine at all, because the high self-ignition point of gasoline may not cause the gasoline to ignite and burn due to the heat of compression.
Diesel engines use a lot of air compression to inject diesel at the right time. This is the difference between the combustion methods of the two engines. If the wrong fuel is added to the engine mix, it will cause many problems.
Six major effects of adding gasoline to diesel engines
1. Diesel engines are compressed fuel and are not designed to ignite the fuel. Gasoline engines are not designed to ignite automatically (a spark plug is required to ignite). When gasoline is in a diesel engine, no ignition occurs.
2. Diesel and gasoline also have a certain lubrication effect on some parts of the engine. If gasoline is put into the engine, these parts cannot be lubricated, and the metal parts will rub against each other and be permanently damaged.
3. Gasoline will affect fuel injectors, fuel pumps, diesel engines, and fuel filters. This constitutes the entire fuel system of the vehicle. If these components do not work properly, the fuel system must be completely replaced.
4. There are many reciprocating parts inside the diesel engine, such as valve push rods, pistons, and pins. In the event of an uncontrollable abnormal explosion, the shock wave generated by the explosion may damage or destroy these components.
5. If the problem is discovered as soon as possible, it may cause less damage to the engine. The longer the gasoline is added to the diesel engine for driving, the greater the possibility of the engine being destroyed.
6. Since the minimum temperature (flashpoint) required to ignite diesel fuel is 52°C but gasoline is -43°C, the ignition time of gasoline in diesel engines is much more difficult, and a large amount of unburned fuel will be produced. The exhaust pipe will emit a lot of black smoke, which will eventually block various fuel sensors.
Our company's products are widely used in transportation, non-transportation industries ，and engineering equipment, focusing on researching diesel engines for ten years, and are China's leading distributor and supplier of engines and parts. If you use your needs and wishes in this regard, we are happy to provide you with services and quality products.